The LMS Admin Types feature will define permissions for each unique LMS Admin Type.
Any user can be assigned to be a specific LMS Admin Type.
You can create as many different LMS Admin Types as needed, all having their own specific set of permissions.
To Access the LMS Admin Types feature;
- Ensure the proper Active Team is selected; should there be more than one Active Team.
- Navigate to LMS Admin > Teams.
- Click on the Team you wish to add a new LMS Type to open it's context menu.
- Select LMS Admin Types from the menu.
The LMS Admin Type Management panel will display any preexisting LMS Admin Types for this Team.
- To add a new LMS Admin Type for this Team click Add New LMS Admin Type.
Set the various permissions for this new LMS Admin Type;
- Name: Enter a name for this new LMS Admin Type.
- Description: Enter an optional description.
- Icon: Select a desired type of icon for this new LMS Admin Type.
Under Feature Permission;
- Access Roles: Checking the boxes for LMS Admin Access and LMS Reports Access will allow this new LMS Admin Type to maintain the necessary page-view permission roles for any users which may be subsequently under the management of this particular LMS Admin Type. Typically both roles should be selected. No further permissions are required.
- LMS Admin Features: Use the arrows as necessary to expand the categories to check boxes to assign the various permissions for this new LMS Admin Type as they may relate to Catalog, Roles, Teams, Actions or Configuration.
- Report Features: Use arrows as necessary to expand. Check boxes to grant access permissions for this LMS Admin Type for various reporting features such as Activity, Chart, Reports or Configuration.
- Learner Features: Check boxes to assign permissions for this new LMS Admin Type associated with the various Learner Features under this section.
- For Learning Catalog Access, Learning Roles Access and Portal Access you may leave all options preset by default or click on their respective headings to open these panels and set specific permissions as desired.
- Click Update to save changes.