To Add a new Learner to a chosen Team;
- Ensure the proper Active Team is selected, should there be more than one Active Team.
- Navigate to the LMS Admin tab.
- Click on the Teams tab.
- Go to the Team you wish to add a Learner Account to. If necessary, click on it's adjacent arrow to expand it's contents and click on the Learners icon to open the context menu.
- Click on Learner Management.
The Learner Management panel will display.
- Click Add New User.
An Add New User page will display, allowing you to add the User's informational details.
- User Name: Enter the user name the Learner will use whenever logging into the LMS. This information is NOT case sensitive. We recommend not using spaces when creating a user name.
- First Name: Enter user’s first name.
- Last Name: Enter user’s last name.
- Display Name: Enter a display name for the user. Commonly one may enter the user’s first and last name in this field separated by a space (i.e. Patrick Stewart). The name entered into this field is EXACTLY what will display whenever the user is logged into the LMS.
- Email Address: Enter the email address to be used to send notifications to this user.
- Authorize: Authorize this user to use the LMS. Un-checking this box will block usage of the LMS by this User.
- Notify: Allows various notifications to be sent to this User's email address.
- Random Password: If this box is checked, a Random Password will be generated for the User which will be sent to the User's email address whenever the Notify box is checked.
- Password: If choosing not to generate a random password, enter a chosen password for this User whenever they login to the LMS. Passwords are case sensitive.
- Confirm Password: Re-enter the password to confirm it's accuracy.
- Available Roles: Place a check-mark next to the specific learning Roles you wish to assign to this User. The available Roles which will display here are filtered and determined by the selected Active Team. Use arrows as needed to expand and drill down into any sub-Roles.
- Click Add New User to create the new Learner account.
The page will refresh, returning you to the top Learner Management page. The new user account will display here in alphabetical order.
Please Note; As a default, any added User will always be automatically granted Team Membership to whichever Active Team was selected (see the Active Team dropdown-menu highlighted and bordered in red in the top image above).