Setup the FTP Connection
In order to deliver or receive large files from the Accord LMS Support Team, you will need to configure your FTP client correctly.
Please follow the example below to help conduct this task.
We have used Filezilla software for this example and some instructions may vary from the specific software you decide to use.
There are no restrictions for any specific types of software which can be used to connect to your FTP site, but it will need the capability to handle SFTP protocol. As an example, Window's Explorer does not have this capability.
- If you need to upload a large amount of files, ZIP them first. Your upload will be much faster.
- Do not try to upload while using Window's Explorer. This will result in errors.
- Do not use the quick connect feature in FileZilla.
- Open your copy of Filezilla and Navigate to File > Site Manager.
- Click New Site.
- Input a meaningful name for the new site.
- Fill the Host field with the address provided by your Accord Support Team.
- From the Protocol dropdown menu, select SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol.
- For Logon Type, use Normal.
- Enter the User and Password provided by Accord Support.
- Click Connect.
You will receive an 'Unknown host key' warning. This is normal behavior and part of TOFU (Trust On First Use) security.
All SFTP sessions are encrypted and authenticated by the server's host key. If the host key is unknown, Filezilla provides no guarantee that you are connecting to the correct server. FileZilla will always ask the user for confirmation.
- Check box for 'Always trust this host, add this key to the cache'.
- Click OK to proceed.
You are now connected to the SFTP server.
To Upload files, drag and drop files from the Local Site Window located on the left to the Remote Site Window located on the right.
To Download files from your SFTP site, drag and drop files from the Remote Site Window on the right to your Local Site Window on the left.
NOTE: After a period of time your SFTP client may show an error which reads 'FATAL ERROR: Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection'. It may close due to inactivity, but your uploads or downloads can continue without issue.