When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will describe the purpose and process behind a Learning Role - Bulk Update.
What is a Learning Role - Bulk Update?
Commonly within the LMS, specific types of learning content is assigned to specific Learning Roles.
If you would like to assign a number of Learners to the very same learning content, you can bulk assign these Learners to the specific Learning Role which contains this learning content thru the Learning Role - Bulk Update feature.
How do I perform a Learning Role - Bulk Update?
- Login using LMS Admin credentials.
- Ensure your desired Current Team is selected. Menu located lower-left of screen.
- From the left-hand menu, select the Roles tab.
The page will refresh, displaying LMS - Roles.
- From the left, click on the larger Role Group which contains the child Learning Role you wish to assign numbers of Learners to.
This will display this Group's Learning Roles in the field on the right.
- Hover over the specific Learning Role you wish to conduct a Learning Role - Bulk Update to display a menu icon to it's far right.
- Click this menu icon to prompt a context menu.
- Select Role Details from menu.
A Role Details panel will display with numbers of different section headings.
Click any heading to expand any panel.
- Under the Enrollment heading, you may select any learning content from the Catalog if choosing to update and assign additional learning content to this specific Learning Role during this process.
- After selecting any additional Catalog folders or learning material to add to this Learning Role during this process, click the Update button under the Enrollment heading.*
*If already satisfied with any learning content presently assigned to this Learning Role, you do not need to assign or select anything from the Catalog during this process.
- Search for and locate any Learners you wish to Bulk Update to this Learning Role during this process.
Under Member Management;
- Use the search field next to Search String and the associated dropdown menu to select your specific search criteria,
- Under the Notifications heading, make any selections choosing how, if and when to keep any selected Learners notified.
- Once you've located any Learners you wish to Bulk Update to this Learning Role, click on their adjacent box to select.
- Click Bulk Update.
After clicking Bulk Update, any selected Learners will now be assigned to this Learning Role.
These Learners will now have access to any learning content assigned to this Role.
Direct Links to closely related articles listed above at right.