When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
Learning Element (LE) Details are the various informational settings used for any Learning Elements added to your LMS Catalog.
Learning Elements are simply various forms of Learning Content.
This article will briefly explain some standard settings for a typical LE.
Add a New Learning Element
Once you create a Catalog folder, the next step is to add a Learning Element.
To add a Learning Element to a Catalog folder;
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected. Menu located lower-left of screen.
- Navigate to the Catalog tab.
- Click on the Catalog folder where you wish to add a Learning Element to highlight this folder.
- Click +NEW at top to open a context menu.
- Select Add Learning Element from menu.
The Add Learning Element panel will open.
Here you may select from adding a Learning Element from your Computer, from a URL, or you may Choose from List.
For this example we use Choose from List and select Microsoft Asset.
To add a Microsoft Asset as a Learning Element;
- Click on the Drag and Drop panel to select your chosen document.
- Enter a required Name to the name field.
- Learning Element Formats: Formats determine how your Learning Element is presented and processed.
For help documentation on Learning Element Formats please see;
Learning Element Formats - Introduction.
- Click button to select any Custom Window Dimensions.
Custom window dimensions will help dictate a specific size at which a given Learning Element will display. On occasion specific window dimensions might be required.
- Click button to Enable Proctoring.
For further information related to proctoring please see; Proctoring - Introduction.
- Add an optional Description.
The other tabs include;
- Advanced Settings
- Education Activities
- Attempt Limits
- Role Awards
- HTTP Requests
- Learner List
- To save and implement any changes click Save and Close.
Your newly added Learning Element will now display within the LEARNING CONTENT field of the Catalog Folder where it was added.
General Settings in LE Details is where the most common settings for your Learning Elements are determined.
Direct Links to closely related articles listed above at right.