When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will describe the method to add an Assessment as a Learning Element to your Catalog.
Quizzes or Exams are types of Assessments and can be created for your LMS Catalog thru the process described here.*
*The terms quiz and exam are synonymous.
To Add an Assessment Learning Element
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected (menu located lower-left of screen).
- Navigate to the Catalog tab.
- Locate the Folder you wish to add an Assessment as a Learning Element and select to highlight. This will display this Folder's Learning Elements within the LEARNING CONTENT field.
- Click on the +NEW button to open menu and select Add Learning Element.
Once the Add Learning Element page opens, click on Choose from List on left and then select Assessment.
When the Assessment Learning Element Details panel opens;
- Enter a required Name.
- Learning Element Format: Most normally, default settings may be used.
Use the associated dropdown menu to select alternate formats.
- Custom Window Dimensions: Select slide to change window display dimensions. Typical usage can leave default settings. Custom window dimensions will force a given Learning Element to display at a specific size.*
*Sometimes specific window dimensions are required.
- Enable Proctoring: Use slide to enable live proctoring. This feature only available for LE Formats with Popup or Modal launch windows.
For further information related to proctoring please see; Proctoring - Introduction.
- Description: Enter an optional description.
- Use the Quiz Questions tab on left to author and enter your Quiz or Assessment questions.
- Use the Quiz Messages tab on left to enter various messages you wish to have associated with your Quiz or Assessment.
The other tabs include;
- Quiz Questions
- Quiz Messages
- Advanced Settings
- Education Activities
- Attempt Limits
- Role Awards
- HTTP Requests
- Learner List
- After entering your various detail settings for your quiz, ensure to click Save & Close to create this Assessment Learning Element.
The new Assessment or Quiz will now display within the LEARNING CONTENT field of the Catalog Folder where it was created.
Quizzes or exams can be efficiently created for your Learners when using the LMS Assessment authoring tool.
Direct Links to closely related articles are listed above at right.