*When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will describe the process to add a YouTube video to your Catalog in the form of a Learning Element which can then be utilized by your Learners.
To Add a YouTube Video Learning Element
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected. Menu located lower-left of screen.
- Navigate to the Catalog tab.
- Locate the Folder you wish to add a YouTube video as a Learning Element and select to highlight. This will display this Folder's Learning Elements within the LEARNING CONTENT field.
- Click on the +NEW button to open menu and select Add Learning Element.
Once the Add Learning Element page opens, click on Choose from List on left and select YouTube.
When the YouTube details panel opens;
- Enter a required Name.
- Learning Element Format: Default settings can normally be used. Use associated dropdown menu to select alternate format.
- Custom window dimensions force a given survey to display with custom dimensions.*
*Sometimes custom dimensions may be required.
- Enable Proctoring: Use slide to enable live proctoring. This feature only available for LE Formats with Popup or Modal launch windows. For further information related to proctoring please see; Proctoring - Introduction.
- Description: Enter an optional description.
- In the YouTube URL field paste the electronic link for your YouTube Video.
The other tabs include;
- Advanced Settings
- Education Activities
- Attempt Limits
- Role Awards
- HTTP Requests
- Learner List
- Ensure to Save & Close to properly save this YouTube video and create your new Learning Element.
The new YouTube Learning Element will now display within the LEARNING CONTENT field of the Catalog Folder where it was created.
YouTube Videos can be quickly added into your LMS Catalog to function as Learning Elements.
Direct Links to closely related articles are listed above at right.