*When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will display and explain the method to add a YouTube Video as a Learning Element to your Catalog.
To Add a YouTube Video Learning Element
- Navigate to the Catalog tab.
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected (menu located lower-left of screen).
- Locate the Folder you wish to add a YouTube video as a Learning Element and select to highlight. This will display this Folder's Learning Elements within the LEARNING CONTENT field.
- Click on the +NEW button to open menu and select Learning Element.
Once the Add Learning Element page opens, click on Choose from List on left and then select YouTube.
When the YouTube Learning Element Details panel opens;
- Enter a required Name.
- Learning Element Format: Default settings can normally be used. Use associated dropdown menu to select alternate format.
- Custom Window Dimensions: Select slide to change window display dimensions. Typical usage can leave default settings. Custom window dimensions will help dictate a specific size at which a given Learning Element will display. On occasion specific window dimensions might be required.
- Enable Proctoring: Use slide to enable live proctoring. This feature only available for LE Formats with Popup or Modal launch windows. For further information related to proctoring please see; Proctoring - Introduction.
- Description: Enter an optional description.
- In the YouTube URL field, paste the electronic link for your YouTube Video.
The other tabs include;
- Ensure to Save & Close to properly save this YouTube video and create the new Learning Element.
The new YouTube Learning Element will now display within the LEARNING CONTENT field of the Catalog Folder to which it was added.
YouTube Videos can be quickly added into your LMS Catalog to function as Learning Elements.
Direct Links to closely related articles are listed above at right.