When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) Sessions are similar to Instructor Led Training (ILT) Sessions, except that the locations are virtual hosted via a webinar, rather than a physical classroom.
The article will describe and demonstrate how to setup Virtual Instructor Led Training sessions.
Virtual Locations are created the same way ILT Locations are created, with the exception that a Virtual Location needs to be selected from the Location-Type dropdown menu.
To establish a VILT location;
Navigate to the Advanced tab > Configuration tab.
- Once the Configuration page opens, click on ILT Resources.
- When the ILT Resources panel opens, highlight and select the LOCATIONS tab.
- When the Locations panel opens, click Add New Location.
After screen refreshes;
- Name: (required) Enter a Location name or designation.
- Status: Select if this Location will be Active or Inactive. Only Active Locations are available for use.
- Location Type: Select Virtual - General from the dropdown menu to create the Virtual Location for the ILT.
- Other virtual ILT formats; for reference sake, virtual ILT meetings may also be held through GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar or GoToTraining programs by selecting these specific formats from the dropdown menu.
- Max Learners: Maximum number of Learners that are allowed in this location. Leave blank for unlimited.
- Information URL: Input the URL to the Location website or online map.
- Owner: From the dropdown menu, select which Teams owns this Location, allowing LMS Admins for these Team to edit or update this Location.
- Team Availability: (required) Select which Teams can use this Location.
- Description: Optionally, enter any text information which may help to describe or identify this Location.
- Click Create to create and save your new Location.
The newly created Virtual Location will now display in your Locations list.
Types of ILT Sessions
A single Instructor Led Training Learning Element can include either ILT Sessions, VILT Sessions or a combination of both.
To create an Instructor Led Training Learning Element, follow steps described in; Setup ILT Learning Element.
Create a New Session
To create a new VILT Session please see; Creating a New Session.
Virtual Instructor Led Training Sessions (VILT) are very similar to other types of Instructor Led Training sessions, an exception being a virtual location is utilized rather than a physical location.
Direct Links to closely related articles listed above at right.