As an LMS Admin you may sometimes notice that the displayed progress of certain Learners within a specific folder are not accurate.
This can happen on occasion either because the folder content was updated or various conditions for completion were modified.
In the example in the image below, a significant amount of the assigned learning content is showing completion by having a full green circle, but yet the LMS Learner Training Folder near the top is displaying a completion percentage of zero.
Whenever this situation may occur, there is a feature which allows the LMS Admin in order to recalculate the folder's attempt records. This will force the LMS to recalculate to accurately display proper progress.
Please follow instructions below to Recalculate Folder Attempt Records.
In order to force the LMS to re-analyze and recalculate any folders, child folders and Learning Elements, in order to accurately reflect the proper completion percentage, we need to run the 'Recalculate Folder Attempt Records' feature.
- Ensure the proper Active Team is selected.
- Navigate to LMS Admin > Actions.
- Select the specific Folders which need to be recalculated.
- Choose the Teams or Learning Roles for which the action will be performed.
- Once making your selection for recalculation, using the Select Action dropdown menu, select Recalculate Folder Attempt Records.
- Review that all options above are properly selected and then click Submit.
A confirmation message will display saying; "Are you sure you want to Recalculate Folder Attempt for the selected Folders to the selected Team Members, Learning Roles and/or Learners?"
- Click Yes to confirm and perform action.
A message will show the total number of Folder Attempt Records which were updated during the recalculate process.
- Click OK.
The folder attempt recalculation triggers a process that will run within the LMS, analyzing each folder, child folder and Learning Element's progress. This will ultimately reflect the updated progress within the Parent Folder. For this reason, the Folder Completion percentage may take a period of time before fully updating to accurately display progress.