Certain PDF publishing tools or plug-ins can sometimes result in damaged PDF files when using them as Certificates in the Accord LMS. This is frequently caused by certain metadata contained somewhere within the file.
To clean up a corrupted certificate;
Open the PDF Certificate using the PDF editor of your choice.
Adobe Acrobat Pro was used for this tutorial so images and procedures may vary if using a different software tool.
- Open the Tools menu.
- In the Action Wizard menu, click on Prepare for Distribution option.
- Click on Remove Hidden Information.
- A dialog panel will open. Unselect Form Fields and click OK.
- This will remove all unnecessary data included in the PDF.
- Save the document and then continue uploading into the LMS.