When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will briefly describe the necessary steps to impersonate an active Learner.
On occasion an LMS Admin may decide to impersonate an active Learner.
This can be done for the purposes of reviewing a Learner's LMS display or help a Learner complete an assignment.
To Impersonate an Active Learner
To impersonate an Active Learner;
- Login with LMS Admin credentials.
- Expand the LMS Learner tab and click the My Courses tab.
- To open General Settings click on the gear icon next to My Courses from the displayed page.
- From the General Settings panel, check box next to Show Active Learner.
- Scroll near bottom and click Update.
*Important Note; the Active Learner Impersonation feature must always be specifically activated for each LMS Admin-Type prior.
To Activate Learner Impersonation for any given LMS Admin-Type;
- Click on the Teams tab.
- Click on the Team heading for the specific Team you want to activate the Active Learner Impersonation feature for any of it's LMS Admin-Types, in order to open it's context menu.
- Select LMS Admin-Types from the Team context menu.
- Click the edit (pencil icon) next to the LMS Admin-Type you want activate Learner Impersonation for.
- Expand the Feature Permission panel.
- Near Learner Features, check box for Active Learner Selection .
- Scroll near bottom and click Update to save changes.
To use or test this feature:
- Navigate to My courses.
- Input a valid username in the Active Learner field.
- Click the circling arrow.
While this feature is enabled, any User assigned to this LMS Admin Type will maintain the ability to impersonate a Learner.
For purposes of usage data, Admin utilization will track any activity as being that of the Impersonated Learner.
Direct Links to closely related articles listed above at right.