When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will briefly describe how to access Configuration - Notifications - General Settings and lists available settings and features.
Purpose behind Notifications - General Settings
The Notifications page will allow you to select some General Settings which will affect the way your Accord LMS handles certain notifications.
General Settings is where you can establish various notification settings which will affect;
- A 'From' Email Address
- The SMTP Server and Port
- Enable LMS Email
- An Email Batch Period
- An Email Batch Quantity
- A Portal Alias
To Access Notifications - General Settings
- After logging in with LMS Admin credentials, click on the Catalog tab.
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected. Menu located lower-left of screen.
- Expand the Advanced tab and select Configuration.
- Click on NOTIFICATIONS.
The Notifications Page will display.
From the General Settings panel select your desired settings;
“From” Email Address:
- Enter the email address notifications are sent from. If no email address is entered, the site Admin email address is used.
SMTP Server and Port:
- This identifies your LMS portal's SMTP server.
Enable LMS Email:
- Select this option to enable messages to be sent from this Portal. If box not checked, all outbound email is disabled.
Email Batch Period:
- Type in the number (in minutes) you want notifications to be sent. The scheduled task will run at this frequency and send all queued notifications. A period set to 0 or left blank sends all notifications immediately.
Email Batch Quantity:
- Type in the number of emails per batch. Emails are queued and sent in batches via a scheduled task and will use this number for the amount of emails sent per batch. Leave field blank if you want all notices sent at the same time. This setting affects ALL LMS on ALL portals.
- Select the portal alias to be used from the list provided. This generates the URLs inside the emails.
- Scroll near bottom and click Update to save and implement changes.
General Settings within Notifications is where you can establish some settings which will affect how various notifications for your Accord LMS are handled.
For help documentation relating to managing LMS Learner Notifications, please see; Configuration - Notifications - Learner Notifications.
Direct Links to closely related articles are listed at upper right.