When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will briefly introduce SCORM Learning Element Formats.
What is SCORM?
Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) is a collection of standards and specifications for web-based electronic learning, also called e-learning. It defines communications between client side content and a host system, called the 'run-time environment’, which is supported by the Accord LMS.
To Access SCORM Learning Element Formats
- After logging in with LMS Admin credentials, click on the Catalog tab.
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected. Menu located lower-left of screen.
- Expand the Advanced tab and select Configuration.
- From the Configuration page click on Learning Element Formats.
The Learning Element Formats Page displays.
The default formats for the various Learning Element Types are listed here.
If necessary click the heading for SCORM to open this section.
Here you can access the various Learning Element Formats available for SCORM content.
Add New SCORM Format
To add a new format for SCORM content click Add new SCORM Format.
Here you will see some options for both General Settings and Advanced Settings.
In the General Settings section you have some options for establishing sizes for your icon which represents the format for your SCORM Learning Element Type.
- Select which type of window the Learning Element should launch into, either popup or modal.
Force Additional Popup for Mobile:
- Provide an additional popup window for all mobile devices. This will avoid I-Frame usage and improve presentation.
- Contents Objects provide two Status fields. 'Success over Completion' is the default setting. You also have the further options of 'Only Completion' or 'Only Success'.
- Select if SCO duration is reported by SCO or LMS.
- Disable Learning Elements from resuming, even Learning Elements which have a resume function built-in.
IE 9 Compatibility Mode:
- Force SCO communications with IE (Internet Explorer) browsers to be compatible with IE 9. This may be required for some older SCO content.
- Click Update to save settings and implement this new SCORM format.
Direct Links to closely related articles are listed at upper right.