When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will briefly discuss the purpose and process of creating a Role Instructor - Role.
What is an ILT Role Instructor?
Instructor Led Training (ILT) is a type of Learning Element.
ILT Instructors are individuals used to instruct or teach Instructor Led Training (ILT) sessions.
Role Instructors are individuals designated to be ILT Instructors through a designated Role Instructor - Role.
What is the Purpose of the Role Instructors Feature?
Rather than needing to designate individuals as ILT Instructors for given ILT Learning Elements on a one-by-one basis, any person designated as a Role Instructor can function as an ILT Instructor for any of your ILT Learning Elements.
For help documentation relating to assigning an individual to be an ILT Instructor, please see; Add New ILT Instructor.
To Access ILT Resources to Add or Edit a Role Instructor
- After logging in with LMS Admin credentials, click on the Catalog tab.
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected. Menu located lower-left of screen.
- Expand the Advanced tab and select Configuration.
- From the Configuration page click on ILT Resources.
The ILT Resources page displays.
Add New Role Instructor
To add New Role Instructor;
- If necessary click the heading for Role Instructors to open this panel.
- Click Add New Role Instructor.
A Role Instructor details panel will open, allowing you to establish some settings for this Role Instructor.
- Select any Learning Roles you want to function as a Role Instructor - Role.
Any persons subsequently assigned to this Learning Role can then function as ILT Instructors for any of your ILT Learning Elements.
- Select Active or Inactive status. Only Active status are available for use.
- Teams which own and can edit this Role Instructor.
- Select which Teams can use this Role Instructor.
After creating this Role Instructor - Role, it will then display within the Role Instructors list.
Edit or Delete a Role Instructor
To edit or delete an existing Role Instructor;
- Select the Role Instructor from the list you wish to edit or delete and click it's adjacent edit (pencil) icon.
- If editing, change any details and click Update.
- If choosing to delete, click the Delete button near the bottom of the panel.
Should you desire to keep this Role Instructor, but only make it temporarily unavailable for use, change it's status to Inactive and click Update.
Changing it's status back to Active makes this Role Instructor available for use again.
Assign a person to be a Role-Instructor
Direct Links to closely related articles are listed above at right.