When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will briefly describe and demonstrate the ability to add badges and assign activity points.
The Gamification management module allows you to review which Activities have been created by the system.
You can also create new badges and assign points and badges to Learners directly, without requiring them to complete any Learning Elements.
For anyone wanting to see a short tutorial video which explains the basic purposes and methods whenever incorporating LMS gamification, please see;
Manage Gamification or Badges
- After logging-in with LMS Admin credentials, click on the Catalog tab.
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected. Menu located lower-left of screen.
- Expand the Advanced tab and select Gaming.
When an Education Activity is created in the LMS, as long as the Gaming Activity box is checked, a matching Gaming Activity with the same name is created simultaneously.
For LMS activities it is important to leave the Activity Points to their default value of 1.
Should you choose to change the number of Activity points, you can click on the pencil icon in the Actions column.
Once you have created the Education Activities and corresponding Gaming Activities, you are ready to set up a Badge.
The Badges tab allows LMS Admin to create and setup award badges which will be granted to Learners when a certification has been met or a competency earned.
To create a new badge;
- Click the Add Badge button.
A details panel will open.
- Name: Enter a name for the Badge (non-optional).
- Description: Enter a description for the Badge (optional).
- Expiration Period: Enter the number of days, months, or years when the Badge should expire. Click on reset selection to leave blank with no expiration.
- Image: You may use the dropdown menus to select from a variety of badge icon options which presently exist within the LMS, or use the Upload File button to upload a Badge image of your choosing from your computer system.
- Activities: Select the Activities and enter the required number of points to earn this activity in the Points field.
- After entering your desired information, click the Add button.
- After adding, Click Save.
The new Badge will display in the list as shown in the example below.
Adding Badges and assigning activity points to earn these Badges is a quick and easy process which is accommodated thru the Gaming tab.
Direct Links to closely related articles listed above at right.