*When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article covers the various types of informational details which can be set or entered for the various Catalog Folder-Types.
The various Folder-Types include a regular Catalog Folder, an Organizational Folder, a Collection, a Course, a Chapter or a Learning Path.
Though various details or settings may vary slightly from folder-type to folder-type, the information below will cover the majority of these details, most of which apply to all folder-types.
A couple of fundamental differences between the different folder-types are the types of Child-Folders they may contain, and whether or not they can be directly populated with Learning Elements.
To Access Folder Details
If maintaining LMS Admin Catalog permissions and wanting to create a new folder or wanting to edit Details for an existing folder;
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected by using it's associated menu located lower far-left.
- Navigate to the Catalog tab.
- Click the +NEW button located at top.
- Select Top level Folder or Child Folder.
If desiring to edit Details for an existing Catalog Folder (as illustrated below);
- Click to highlight Folder you wish to access Details for.
- Click it's 3 dots to open it's context menu.
- Select the Details option from menu.*
*Whether this option says 'Course Details', 'Chapter Details' etc., will depend on the specific folder-type.
The Details panel will open on the General Settings tab.
- These settings are system defaults and can be modified by an LMS administrator with appropriate permissions.
- It is considered a best practice to NOT modify existing folder-types and, instead, create a new folder-type if necessary.
- The Accord LMS will prevent admins from creating any folder-type not allowed as a child in the selected parent folder.
For information on Creating a New Folder, please see; Adding and Editing Folders.
All Folders can be customized using the various sidebar tabs which include; General Settings, Advanced Settings, Scoring, Enrollment and Notifications.
Allowed Child Types: A read-only field dependent upon specific Folder-Type settings.
Name: Required field - visible to Learners.
Folder Type Name:
- The Folder Type Name must be unique and not duplicate any existing Folder Type name.
- Optional field - visible to Learners. Can include links, images and other Rich-Text elements.
- Folder-type can be changed when creating the folder unless such a change would not impact settings.
- This provides a thumbnail image which will be presented to Learners.
The four icons are used to indicate folders of this type in several areas throughout the LMS. Folder Type Icons will be presented to Learners for Folders that do not have an associated image.
The Icon sizes should be as follows:
- This is a auto assigned Local ID number, created and utilized by the system when Folder is created.
- A Unique identifier created by the LMS to identify this folder.
Reference 1 and Reference 2:
- Custom IDs associated with this folder. Often this field is used to reference an external data system such as a previous LMS.
Contact Accord LMS support for more information on Folder Reference fields.
You can choose to open Folder by clicking on Open Folder.
If choosing to right-click on Open Folder, you can copy link for this Folder, allowing an admin the ability to email this link to selected Learners, granting them access to this Folder and it's associated Learning Content.
A read-only field based on the Folder-Type settings.
Percentage score required to receive a passing status on this folder.
This setting determines how Child Folder or LE scores are processed when calculating this folder's score.
- Equal – all Learning Elements and Child Folders having scores will be averaged.
- Custom – all Learning Elements with score weights will be individually weighted.
Total weight must always be 100%.
- None – no score weight will be considered or calculated from this folder.
- A quiz with a weight of 70 will more significantly impact the folder score than an entire course with a weight of 30.
- The total of all individual weights must equal 100.
- Do not enter the percentage sign (%) when entering Individual Weights.
Enrollment allows admins to assign this folder to any selected Learning Roles. The folder is then assigned to members of this Role.
The Electives tab allows LMS Admins to offer this folder to any Role Members for optional self-enrollment.
- A Folder can be enrolled in multiple other Folders, but it is recommended to avoid cross-enrollment.*
*Cross-enrollment is the practice of enrolling a Learner in more than one Learning Role which then assign the same content.
Utilize Global Settings:
Having this box checked will use this LMS portal's Global Settings for Learner and LMS Admin notifications.
Use buttons to select notifications being sent to Learners only, LMS Admins only or Both.
When checked, the LMS will only send notifications once all set conditions for completion of this folder are satisfied. Leaving unchecked will send notifications whenever prompted by any set conditions.
- Ensure to click Save & Close to save any changes.
Various Folder-Type Properties
In the example below, Primary Assessment and Emergency Care are Collections which contain Courses. The Collection Folder-Type features an Expanded Learner presentation.
*Note that the expanded Folder-Types place the folder title above the expanded content.
The Intro to First Aid Assessment course is a Drill Down Folder Type. Course Folder Types must be Opened to access their content.
Generally, Expanded folder types are used primarily for organization.
Expanded Folder Types may not have another expanded folder type as either a parent or child folder. In other words, a hierarchy can not have more than one consecutive level of Expanded folder types.
Expanded Folder Types can be entirely hidden from the Learner View.
The Organizational Folder is an example of a hidden Folder-Type.
Proctoring Data Store:
This feature is only available to customers using the Integrity Advocate ID or Proctoring services. Check box to Enable Proctoring to allow proctoring for this folder type.*
*Note: The checkbox for enable proctoring will only display once proctoring services have been properly established thru the third-party of Integrity Advocate.
Establishing third-party proctoring services on your Accord LMS:
For help documentation relating to establishing third-party proctoring services through your Accord LMS please see; Proctoring - Introduction.
Roll Up: All LEs and Child Folder Scores will be combined to provide a score for this folder.
Pass Through: All LEs and Child Folder Scores will be passed through to this folder's parent Folder.
Pass Through Folder Types may not have another Pass Through folder type as either a parent or child folder. A Hierarchy can not have more than one consecutive pass through folder.
This setting determines which child types are allowed to be created within folders of this type. Please note the restrictions placed on Expanded Learner Presentation and Pass Through Scoring.
Direct Links to closely related articles listed above at right.