When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will describe the purpose and process behind setting Attempt Limits for your various Learning Elements.
What are Attempt Limits?
An LMS Admin may decide to set Attempt Limits for your various Learning Elements.
Although types of exceptions can be established, as a straightforward example, a Learning Element which has an Attempt Limit set at 2, allows a Learner 2 opportunities to pass or complete this particular Learning Element.
Attempt Limits can be established at the same time that the Learning Element is added to the Catalog, or added and edited at anytime.
To Access and Set Attempt Limits
- Login with LMS Admin credentials.
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected. Menu located lower-left of screen.
- If not already selected, click on the Catalog tab.
- Click on the specific Catalog Folder which contains the specific Learning Element you wish to establish Attempt Limits for, to display this folder's learning material within the adjacent LEARNING CONTENT field.
- Hover your mouse over the selected Learning Element to prompt some menu buttons.
- Click menu buttons to prompt a context menu.
- Select LE Details from context menu.
- The screen will refresh displaying a tab menu on left.
- Click the Attempt Limit tab.
- When the page refreshes and the Attempt Limit panel displays, use the available settings to establish your various conditions for your Attempt Limits for this Learning Element.
- Attempt Limit: Enter the number of attempts a Learner is allowed in the field provided. Leave blank for no limit.
Use the associated dropdown menu to determine the specific types of attempts which will count towards the total.
You can include All types of attempts, only Completed attempts, only Passed attempts or only Failed attempts.
- Allow Reset: Use the associated dropdown menu to determine whether or not you will allow your Attempt Limit to reset.
Select from Never allow, allow reset if Learner never Completes Learning Element, allow to reset if Learner never Passes Learning Element, or Always allow the Attempt Limit to reset.
- Reset Delay: In field provided, enter a number value to set a period of time between any allowed resets.
You can choose from a number of hours, days, weeks, months or years.
- After choosing your settings, click Save & Close to save any changes.
Direct Links to closely related articles are listed above at right.