When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will describe the purpose and process behind setting-up various HTTP Requests for your various Learning Elements.
What are HTTP Requests?
Hyper-Text-Transfer-Protocol (HTTP) is a method for encoding and transporting information between a client (such as a web-browser) and a web-server.
HTTP is the primary protocol for transmission of information across the Internet.
What is the Purpose behind HTTP Requests?
An HTTP request is made by a client, to a named host, which is located on a server. The aim of the request is to access a resource on the server. To make the request, the client uses components of a URL (Uniform Resource Locator), which includes the information needed to access the resource.
To Set HTTP Requests
- Login with LMS Admin credentials.
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected, selection menu located lower-left of screen.
- If not already selected, click on the Catalog tab.
- Click on the specific Catalog Folder which contains the specific Learning Element you wish to set HTTP Requests for, to display this folder's learning material within the adjacent LEARNING CONTENT field.
- Hover your mouse over the selected Learning Element to highlight and display it's 3 dot menu icon.
- Click on the menu icon to prompt a context menu.
- Select LE Details from menu.
- The screen will refresh displaying a details panel containing a tab menu on left.
- Click the HTTP Request tab.
- When the page refreshes and the HTTP Request panel displays, click the ADD NEW REQUEST button.
A panel will open where you can enter the desired informational details for your Learning Element HTTP request.
- Name: Enter a name for your HTTP request.
- Description: Enter an optional description.
- Method: Use the dropdown menu to enter a method for your HTTP request.
Your options are Get, Post, Put or Delete.
- Tokens: Use dropdown menu to select from any available tokens.
- URL: Paste the desired URL to enter the address to send your HTTP request.
- Completion Requirements: Using the dropdown menu, enter the necessary requirements for your HTTP request to take place.
Your options are Complete, Passed, Completed and Passed or Completed or Passed.
- Headers: Use the arrow to further open the Header panel, allowing you to enter a header and a value for this header.*
*HTTP headers let the client and the server pass additional information with an HTTP request or response. An HTTP header consists of a case-insensitive name followed by a colon ( : ), then by its value. Response headers hold additional information about the response, frequently containing information such as it's location, or info about the providing server.
- After setting your desired details Click Update.
After clicking Update and Save & Close, this specific HTTP request will display within a list while under the HTTP Request tab of LE Details; as seen in the image below.
Edit an HTTP Request
While in the LMS Catalog and after accessing LE Details from the LE context menu and accessing the HTTP Request tab as covered thru the steps above, click the Edit icon to edit and save changes made to your HTTP Request.
Delete an HTTP Request
While in the LMS Catalog and after accessing LE Details from the LE context menu and accessing the HTTP Request tab as covered thru the steps above, click the delete icon to delete and clear this HTTP Request.
- After choosing your settings, click Save & Close to save any changes.
Direct Links to closely related articles are listed above at right.