When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will briefly describe the purpose and process of soft-deleting a Learner.
It will also discuss the process for hard-deleting a Learner, as well as the process to fully restore a soft-deleted Learner.
Purpose of Deleting Learners
If a given Learner has left your organization, an LMS Admin may choose to delete this Learner from the LMS system.
Soft-Delete or Hard-Delete
A Learner may be soft-deleted, which will inactivate and unauthorize this Learner while placing them under a status which allows them to be easily restored, or hard-deleted, which fully and irreversibly removes this Learner from the LMS system.
Once a given Learner has been hard-deleted, their profile details must be reentered to use the LMS.
To Delete a Learner Profile
- Login using LMS Admin credentials.
- From the left-hand menu, click on the Teams tab.
The main Teams Page will display.
- Expand any arrows as needed to locate the Team with a Learner you wish to delete.
- Click on this Team to display it's Learners in the field at right.
- Scroll as needed to locate the Learner you wish to delete to prompt some menu buttons.
- Click these menu buttons to display a context menu.
- From menu select Delete User.
After deletion this Learner will still continue to display on the Learner list for this Team, but their various informational details will display 'scored-out', indicating this Learner presently exists under a soft-delete status.
- To further hard-delete a soft-deleted Learner, hover over their scored-out heading to highlight and click this Learner's 3 dots at right to open the Learner context menu.
- To hard-delete and remove a Learner from the LMS system, click Remove User.
Upon removal a Learner will be hard-deleted from the LMS system and will no longer display on the Team Learner list.
- To restore a soft-deleted Learner, click 3 dots to open the Learner context menu and select Restore.
After restoring a soft-deleted Learner, this Learner will resume while maintaining their former LMS Admin statuses and/or Team(s).
Direct Links to closely related articles are listed above at right.