When using the Accord LMS, hovering over information icons displays helpful tips.
This article will demonstrate how to modify or edit an existing Access Code.
Edit a Team Access Code
Access Codes can only be edited by Team LMS Admin personnel which created them.
To edit a Team Access Code;
- Ensure the proper Current Team is selected. Menu located lower-left of screen.
- From the main tab menu at left select the Teams tab.
- Highlight Team you wish to edit an Access Code, this will prompt 3 dots to display at right.
- Click 3 dots to display context menu.
- Select Team Details from menu.
The Team Details panel will display.
- From tabs at left, select Access Code.
This will prompt a list to display, revealing any established access codes for this Team.
- Hover over any Team access code you wish to add or edit any settings. This will prompt 3 dots to display at right.
- Click 3 dots to open a context menu.
- Select Access Code Details from menu.
The Team Access Codes panel will open.
- If not already selected, select the Details tab at left.
Add or edit any settings.
- Access Code Name: Input Access Code Name in this field.
- Access Code: Enter new Access Code here.
- Active: Check box to activate Access Code. Un-check box to deactivate Access Code.
- Description: Enter a description to help identify this Access Code.
- Owner: This will display any Teams to which this Access Code may apply.
- Check Add if you want the user who submits this Access Code to be added as a Learner of this Team.
- Check Drop if you want the user who submits this Access Code to be dropped as a Learner from this Team.
- Use Ignore to bypass Team Membership.
LMS Admin Types: All Admin Types available for this Team will be listed here.
- Check button to grant any LMS Admin Type privileges to any user amongst these Admin Types who submits this Access Code.
- You may also remove Admin Type privileges from a user who submits this Access Code by selecting Drop.
- Select Ignore if you intend not to grant or remove any privileges through this Access Code.
- Local Learning Roles: Select which Learning Roles will be assigned with this Access Code. Only Roles associated with selected Team will display.
Any options selected from the dropdown menu will be applied to any Learning Roles selected.
- Add if New: If any of the Roles which were selected will be new to a Learner, it will be added. If the Learner already has this Role no action is taken.
- Add or Refresh: If the Learner does not currently have this Learning Role, they will be added to this Role.
If the Learner already has this Learning Role, it will update. *
*This feature is commonly used for cases of Course Renewal.
- Expire: This will force expiration of any Learning Roles selected. This option will override any preset expiration dates which might already exist for any Learning Role.
- Delete: Use this option to delete any selected Learning Roles from those users who currently possess them.
- Notify Users: Check box to send notifications to any users if assigned Learning Roles, Team Memberships or LMS Admin Type privileges.
- Admin Notification Addresses: Input any email addresses for any Admins who should be notified whenever Access Codes are submitted.
- Version History: Shows Version History of Access Codes Updates. Initially blank until an Access Code has been created.
- After adding or editing any details for this Access Code click Add & Close.
Utilization and Expiration: Though not necessary to set any utilization or expiration settings to create or use an Access Code, for information on utilization and expiration settings, please see; Team Access Codes - Utilization and Expiration.
Direct Links to closely related articles are listed above at right.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article